I’m almost there! I’m almost there!
For the second week in a row, I was told that my baby is not small. 🙂 (Really?)
Wanna see how big I am? Comical, no?
Yes, I am 41 inches AROUND. (And no, those aren’t stretch marks at the bottom of my belly. They’re water-retention, pants-marks. You can find the all over my body.)
So I love that Baby Girl 2011 is possibly going to weigh 8.1 lbs. This excites me. Here’s why: Lila was teeny tiny to me. (6 lbs, 8 oz.) The idea of having a little whopper, a cherub, pleases me. This means that Baby Girl 2011 and her big sister will be different from the get. Awesome.
Q: What did the doctor say?
A. He said what I already know: the baby is fully cooked, full-term and can be born any time now. He, like many OB/GYNs in this country, would deliver my baby today if I so desired. However, we’re still hanging on. The placenta is healthy yet “aging” (normal). She has plenty of amniotic fluid. She can bake a bit longer.
- I AM SO EXCITED to call this baby by her name!
- The baby’s room is nearly done. (Waiting on the rug and the bedside table. Complete pictures of the nursery after I receive said items.) I’m at a loss with decorating the shelves. A complete loss.
- I’m pleased about getting my hair done tomorrow. After that, I can have the baby. 🙂 I’d like some bangs first, though. (Side bangs. Nothing too crazay for this hormonal lady.)
- Yesterday, when Craig took me out to lunch, the waiter asked me if I was expecting “one baby or two.” (I don’t think he should have expected a tip.)
- I’ve noticed that many people like to say, “Oh my! You look like you’re about to pop.” Hmm… I suppose.
- I am bracing myself for when we announce the baby’s name and then people say, “I knew it!” That prospect annoys me because even WE didn’t know it for a while.
- I am no longer sleeping. I just lay there in the bed attempting to force my sweet daughter to remove her butt from my ribs.
- I CANNOT WAIT TO START USING THIS CHILD’S NAME.
- I have gained a substantial amount of what I presume is water weight. (riiiight.) I gained 29 lbs with Lila and [so far] approximately 36 lbs. with this one. Yep. It’s a
mythlie that you, “gain less” with the second one because, “you’re so busy chasing around the first one.” LIE. LIE. LIE. (Note: I started out at the exact same weight for both pregnancies.)
- I made the baby a gnome hat. (Oh, how I love gnomes…) Didn’t have the good flash on the camera. Sorry.
So that’s about it.
Only a bit longer like this…
…then I’ll be lookin’ like this.
If you haven’t already, guess the specs of the baby here! (Thanks for playing along.)