So I’m not quite sure when my blogging public will get tired of reading about that which is all-encompassing right now. (You know, the baby, the Lila, the transition, the birth, the postpartum, etc.)
I mean, try as might, I can’t help but talk about this stuff all the time.
So, I’m going to try to start blogging about non-baby things soon. Just bear with me, ok?
Here’s the rundown of how things are at this moment in time:
- Vivienne is sleeping. She prefers to sleep in the daylight and be awake at night.
- I went for my one-week-after-you-had-a-baby appointment and all was well. Stitches were removed and I can pick up my Lila Ross and drive in 2 more weeks. (When Vivienne is 3-weeks old.) I cannot wait. And, I’m happy to report, my uterus is shrinking on schedule. (Tee hee. You’re welcome for that visual.)
- Lila is doing really well with being a big sister. She likes to hug Vivienne and take her hats off of her. Yeah, I don’t get it either.
- I love nursing. It feels ridiculously natural this time around. So natural that I smiled to myself when I was sitting in the front seat of the car today waiting for Craig while he was in the grocery store nursing Vivienne sans cover. Ah, it’s amazing how different it is the second time around.
- I got on the scale. Ugh. I’m not sure why I did that. Last time I didn’t weigh myself until Lila was 2 weeks and 5 days old. (Yep, I have a log. That’s the way I roll.
- I’m wearing one of those belly bandits that one of those crazy Kardashian’s swears by. It’s pretty comfortable compared to the Mexican girdle-like torture device I wore post-Lila. So far so good.
- I feel great.
- My mother-in-law has been here and is ridiculously helpful. I swear, it feels like a vacation. We sleep in every morning because she handles Lila. Real life starts Monday, February 7th when she leaves.