Oh, that Lila.
Living with Lila is truly a sitcom. My favorite things are:
- Accessories. Lila’s world includes many-an-accessory. On any given day she’s worn at least 3 different hats, 3 different hair clippies and 2 pairs of shoes. On Friday night she was wearing swim diapers on her arms as swimmies. (WHERE does she get this from.)
- She loves technology. She stole my mouse and mousepad off the table and was manically “mousing” on the ground as quickly as possible before I took it away from her.
- She shares. Lila shares everything with her sister: juice, pretzels, clothes, hats, blankets. We’re just teaching her to not cover her face. Or her entire body.
- The spanish. Lila refuses to say, “yes.” But, she says, “si.” “Lila, do you like your new jeans?!” She responds with, “SI!” Or, if you ask, “Lila, can I take a picture of you in your new jeans so that I can send it to Mimi?,” she just SCREAMS. (Thanks, Lila.)
- Everything must be COZY. If Lila’s sitting down to rest, you can guarantee she’s got a blanket covering her and Petal the bunny in her lap. However, she so seldom sits still…
- Tomatoes and raspberries and ketchup are her favorite things to eat this week.
- Lila STILL cries when her hair is washed. Still. This part of the bathing routine continues to both frustrate her and anger her. (This is not one of my favorite things.)
- The mimicing. Whatever I say – she says. “Oh no!” “CHEESE!” “Hot!” “Uh-oh!” – you name it. Mental note: “Watch your words, Kylee.”
And my absolute favorite thing? She KNOWS she’s funny. This child knows she’s funny.
And, here are the pics.
Teething. Teething makes Lila (and us) miserable.
Bows, on the other hand, make her downright gleeful.
Here she is moving back and forth with her arms in the “cradle’ sign. She wants us to know that she would like to hold Vivienne. Now, please.
Coloring is BIG here. Here she is using BOTH hands.
Now just the left.
And back to the right. (She usually uses her right.)
You might think that she just got back form bicycling… but you’d be wrong. She just woke up from a nap.
She walked around outside with her helmet on for a few minutes, then got right down to business on her computer. In front of the fridge.
I LOVE this picture.
Look at them staring at one another.
Vivi looks totally comfortable with this.
Ah, the sweet smell of a dying basil plant…
Ferg is such a trooper. Believe it or not, she’s being
I decided to let Lila play with soil and water again. I don’t know why I do this. It is SUCH a pain to clean up. But she LOVES it. She puts it in one container, then in another, then back to the other. Then she mixes it up… and paints with it with foam brushes…
(I love this look.)
It was all fun and games until she picked up this pitcher…
…and spilled it all over herself and the rug.
She nearly lost her mind and photo-taking was immediately halted as I had to help her. Stat.
Later in the day just hanging out. Eating shredded beef on the patio… (??? Weirdo.)
My baby’s growing up.
That’s all for now.