So I’m a member of Klout. Why? I wish I knew.
Klout is a website that supposedly measures your interweb influence in comparison with others… I’ve gotten a free $25 gift card to macys.com, free business cards from moo.com and I’m getting some anti-wrinkle cream soon as klout “perks”. So, sometimes it pays to have Klout. Literally. (Nope, not compensated for this post.)
Anywho, Klout measures your activity on social media sources like facebook, twitter, blogger, tumblr, instagram, etc. and apparently feels that they can assign a number (from 1-100) to your profile that allegedly sums up your social media influence. They say that 100 is the best. I’m a 56. In my opinion, Klout is absolutely flawed and not all that accurate but that said, I smiled when I got a notification the other day that they have found new topics that I am “influential” about.
But first, up until this point Klout says that I am influential about:
- Glasses (I don’t know if this is drinking or eye)
- Chocolate (I can’t argue with that.)
- Moms (Takes one to know one.)
- Breastfeeding (I agree.)
- Ohio (I lived there for 26 years.)
- Mexico (Also accurate given my current locale.)
- Books (I like books.)
- Health (I’ve got nothing against health.)
- Toddler (I have two of them.)
- Allergies (Not sure where this one comes from.)
- Video (Ambiguous, for sure.)
So here are my recent topics that apparently I am “influential” about:
That would be “Alcohol”.
Klout, you’re dead-on, once again.
I can’t wait to hear that I’m soon influential about “plants”, “air” and “carpet.”
Do you use Klout? Thoughts?