Right now I’m sitting at my kitchen counter listening to laughing.
There are two little ladies laughing uncontrollably as they roll around repeating what one another says over and over and over again.
This was the dream that I had envisioned when I found out that my second baby was a girl. I couldn’t wait for the sister thing to happen. I couldn’t wait for them to play together; to laugh. To giggle uncontrollably.
Don’t get me wrong by 10:00 a.m. this morning there had already been several meltdowns regarding the following:
- Lila’s outright refusal to use WATER COLORS when she wanted to paint with “normal” paint.
- Vivienne’s inability to find her baby doll’s hat. For the 1200th time. She alerted us at 6:45 a.m. (15 minutes later than normal!)
- Lila’s anger regarding the sheer insanity of me suggesting that she wear a jumper/shorts outfit today. (I know. I must be high.)
- Vivi’s frustration with me suggesting that she not wear too-small pants and a long sleeve shirt with her socks and fleece slippers. (It’s at least 80 degrees today.)
- Lila’s anger about using the green cup with the pink lid when she wanted the PINK cup with PINK lid. (Seriously? It’s a cup.)
Thank GOD they’re so cute.