I was so pleased to be nominated by Marta over at Oh My Marta! for the blogger-given “Liebster Award” — it’s a way for all of us bloggers to acknowledge one another.
Here are the rules to accept the award:
1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer eleven questions the blogger gives you.
3. Give eleven random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate eleven blogs that you think are deserving of the award. (The caveat is that they shouldn’t have a large following already.)
5. Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
6. Give them eleven questions to answer.
So here the questions Marta asked me:
The morning of September 9, 2013. Hartville, Missouri.
11 Random Facts about me
1. Craig and I were meat-less eaters for 8 years. Today, we still don’t favor it. But I do love me an Arby’s sandwich with extra horsey and Arby sauce.
2. I was going to name “Lila” (my oldest daughter) “Vivienne”, but Angelina Jolie “took the name from me” so after my breakdown we named her Lila. (I know, whatever Kylee.)
3. I have 3 brothers and 2 sisters and none of them are my full siblings. I’m both the youngest with one set and the oldest of another. BUT, I would never, EVER, in a million years classify them as my “half siblings”, either. NEVER. Ever.
4. My name is Kylee, but my family and close friends usually call me, “Ky.” Except for one guy I worked with who immediately called me, “Ky.” I found it strange, but I liked that he felt like we were already friends. Tee hee.
5. I do not laugh at most obvious comedies, but my husband does, so I laugh, too.
6. It still bothers me that strong women are called the “B” word and strong men are just “strong.”
7. I always imagined myself being the Mama of boys, never girls.
8. I’m a homebody, but I love being out. I know. It confuses me, as well.
9. My driver’s license was suspended when I was 17 because I got 3 tickets in less than 2 months. I had “work and school privileges” only. Slightly embarassing.
10. I am the least athletic person I know and cringe if someone asks me to play volleyball. However, I love pilates, yoga and most BeachBody workouts.
11. I want to leave this world, better. Somehow.
Ok! Here’s who I’m nominating (in no particular order!):
1. Mel at Quirky Chaos
2. Een at Iris Took
3. Jenn at Wrestling Kitties.
4. Heather at Chicago Mom.
5. Summer at Running Chatter.
6. Dulcita at Mis Letras.
7. David at The Lakeshore Singer.
8. Dri at Aimless Oasis.
9. Traci at The View from my Fishbowl.
10. Erika at Erika Jean.
11.I hate leaving anyone out. Please, if you have a blog and you want to do this. Tell me!
1. Simply, why do you blog?
2. What’s your “signature meal?”
3. Name a moment where you felt content.
4. Name a moment that changed you.
5. Do you like your name? If so, why? If not, what would you change it to?
6. Name something you love about the way you were raised.
7. Dessert after dinner, or on occasion?
8. How do you feel about pets?
9. Fill in the blank, “If it were socially acceptable, I would…”
10. What’s your idea of success?
11. What would you have told your 16 or 18-year-old self?
Muchisimas gracias again, Marta at Oh My, Marta!