I love these turkey meatballs.
Disclaimer: This is sort of a loose recipe. I use whatever fresh herbs I have. If I don’t have many, I use dried. I just try not to add oregano since it used to be my go-to, over-used, everything-tasted-the-same herb.
Note: I ALWAYS double the recipe because my kiddos (even the picky one) love them. They even eat them SANS ketchup (gasp) and my husband likes to put them on his spinach salads.
Ingredients / things you need
- Nonstick cooking spray / coconut oil
- 1.5 lbs. lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp. Himalayan salt (or sea salt)
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. paprika (or smoked paprika)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats – not cooked (I use slow-cooking ones, but quick oats are fine, too.)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (I use a garlic press.)
- 4-5 sprigs of parsley (tsp or so of dried)
- 4-5 springs of fresh thyme (tsp or so of dried)
- 2-4 springs of rosemary (only if you like it. Optional.)
- 12 or so fresh basil leaves (optional)
- About 1 cup of fresh tomatoes /or 2 Tbsp tomato sauce, no sugar added (I use grape tomatoes, but any tomato will do.)