We did a little bit of pumpkin baking this weekend and after I opened the huge can I had so much left. So, I was on the lookout for recipes. I tried this one:
So here’s what you need:
1 large egg
1 large egg white
1/4 pure pumpkin puree (I used canned)
1 large banana, cut into chunks
1/2 cut all-natural almond butter (I used cashew butter because I had it on hand)
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
2 scoops Whey Protein Powder, vanilla flavor or equivalent (I used Vanilla Shakeology)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt (I used Himilayan salt)
1 dash ground nutmeg
[Mix and match cupcake linings are prepped and ready to go in my Mama’s pans.]
3. IN BLENDER (right? Blender?), place egg, egg white, pumpkin, banana, almond/cashew butter and maple syrup. Cover. Blend for 30 seconds. (I used my nutri-bullet.)
4. Add protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg. Blend until smooth.
5. Divide batter evenly and pour in cups.
6. Bake 16-18 minutes or until golden brown – until tester inserted in center co mes out clean. (Mine was about 14 minutes.)
7. Transfer muffins to rack to cool.