Need a quick fix to curb that chocolate craving without delving into the Nutella and PB? Try these. They’re 21 Day Fix acceptable and they’re a health-full swap. AND, they incorporate coconut oil. Who doesn’t need another reason to utilize coconut oil?
• 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
• 3 tablespoons of chocolate protein powder. (I use chocolate shakeology)
• 4 tablespoons of peanut butter
1. In a small glass bowl, add half of the coconut oil (2 tablespoons) and melt in the microwave if not already melted.
2. Add in half of the chocolate protein powder (4 tablespoons) and stir until well mixed
3. Divide the mixture equally into the bottom of silicone molds or a mini muffin pan and place in the freezer for about 5 minutes while you prep the next step. (I use silicone ice cube trays.)
4. Remove mold / muffin pan from freezer and spoon in about 1 tsp of peanut butter on top of the chocolate layer.
5. On top of the peanut butter add the second half of the chocolate protein powder (4 tablespoons) and coconut oil (2 tablespoons) to completely cover the peanut butter.
6. Put the mold / muffin pan back in the freezer for at least 5-10 mins.
I keep my bites in the fridge in a mason jar!
To learn more about my next accountability group, where you’ll get motivation, encouragement AND more fun nutrition ideas, visit this page!