So when I was pregnant I had these rainbow-y / unicorn-y ideas about what it would be like to raise a daughter. There were all of these things that I wanted to introduce her to:
- Lionel Richie and the incredible contribution he’s given to the entire mundo.
- A love of dogs. (I
am indifferent aboutdon’t love cats.)
- The notion that humor ultimately helps every situation. (She’s learning.)
- Crafts. I couldn’t wait to do crafts and to color.
- And lastly, books. Oh books. There are so many amazing books to introduce her to…
- And reading. Oh, the reading…
She’s always loved books.
On Monday she brought home a book from the beloved library at school. (Nearly everyday she spends her recess in the library. She loves it there. It’s a sweet, welcoming space and aside from the farm at the school, it’s her favorite place.)