Ok, friends. The husband made some fantastic cauliflower fried rice. It’s my civic duty to share since it was delicious. He didn’t write down his exact recipe (shocker) — but here’s the gist of it.
A healthy version of fried rice. Totally gluten-free.
- 1 tsp olive oil (or sesame oil)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/2 - 1 tsp red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn (optional. Our kid hates corn)
- 3 TBSP liquid aminos (You can use tamari or soy sauce)
- salt and pepper
- 3 Large Eggs
- Bring oil to medium-high heat in large pan.
- Sautee onions and carrots.
- Add all veggies except the cauliflower. Cook to consistency you like. (We don't like mushy. Higher heat, shorter time.)
- When veggies are ready, add cauliflower. (Don't overcook the cauliflower, lest it becomes watery. Ew.)
- When the cauliflower is warm, make space in your pan for the eggs. (Push all the veggies to one side.) Crack the eggs in the pan and let them cook to where they're halfway done... Craig breaks the yolk, but he doesn't scramble the egg.
- Fold in the cauliflower and veggies that are patiently waiting on the other side of the pan.
- Add liquid aminos to taste.
Add whatever veggies you like! We like to add zucchini or pattypan squash. Whatever you have!
My best to you!