These gluten free Cheddar Biscuits are ridiculously good and the GF version tastes EXACTLY like the real deal.
I highly doubt you ‘ll be able to eat just one.
These delicious biscuits taste just like I remember. The butter mixture is key.
- 2 cups Bob's One-for-One Baking flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 additional tablespoons butter + 2 tsp parsley + 1 tsp garlic powder (together)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Butter a baking dish or use parchment, don't use foil. They'll stick. (Learned that the hard way.)
- Combine flour, shredded cheese, baking powder, salt and garlic powder in bowl.
- Combine milk, 1/3 cup butter and egg in a separate bowl. Mix into the flour mixture until chunky, be careful not to overmix.
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls (more or less) onto the prepared baking sheet. They don't need to be perfect!
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. While they're baking mix together the 2 tablespoons of butter, 2 tsp of parsley and 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- After 10 minutes, remove the biscuits and brush with the butter mixture and then bake until golden brown, about 5 more minutes.
- Try not to eat them all that night.